There’s some good news for Christina Aguilera in was has been an otherwise grim eight months. EW.com reports she’s joined Mark Burnett’s singing competition show “The Voice” as a coach and judge. Aguilera joins Adam Levine of Maroon 5 and Cee Lo Green.
The last six months of 2010 and all of 2011 have seen Aguilera all over the news and little of it’s been good.
– Her last studio album, “Bionic,” has tanked and Entertainment Weekly called it one of the five worst albums of 2010.
– She split from husband Jordan Bratman in September 2010 and it became public knowledge a month later.
– “Burlesque,” Aguilera’s movie vehicle co-starring Cher, flopped at the box office and got negative reviews.
– At Super Bowl XLV in February 2011, Aguilera botched the words to the National Anthem.
– At the Grammys in February 2011, she stumbled and nearly fell on stage.
– On March 1, Aguilera and boyfriend Matthew Rutland were arrested, he for DUI and she for public intoxication.
Compared to some other celebrities out there, Aguilera’s exploits are downright tame. She wasn’t driving the car on March 1 – Rutler was – and no one’s accused her of, say, stealing a necklace.
“The Voice” premieres April 26.